Such cloud, so scale, very own server, yus pls, wow :3

mollyverse

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Website
m.ly
Credits
90% off ALL RANKS & ITEMS during the holidays until January 3rd, 2016.
Now with 1 hour FREE TRIAL.

Hi guys n gals,

It's been a while since I made a big announcement. So here goes what's going on here at Minecraftly:

Over the past few months, we've been working hard on developing a brand new product called the Minecraftly Cloud Platform. It's a little bit like a "server within a server" (much inception I know :D), and resembles Mojang's official Minecraft Realms, complete with mods and personal additions but without the separation of servers. In short, we've developed the cloud platform because we want to give you your own server in our giant interconnected network!

We know that every Minecraft player has an account with username. So, we've created a cloud platform that creates you own server at (username).m.ly automatically without you having to do anything. Our goal is to take care of all the difficult, technical, behind-the-scenes stuff and allow and you to do the easy part: enjoy the server with friends and family!

The traditional way of buying, hosting, installing softwares, configuring linux, getting domain names,dealing with other companies, and setting up your own server (etc.) isn't that appealing for casual players like you - who simply want to have a stable, available, fully featured survival server to play on with others. We're here to solve the boring, and bring you the new and fun.

By using Minecraftly Cloud Platform, you don't have to worry about all the technical and boring issues. You get your own server instantly, with a short subdomain address of m.ly (it's the shortest and cachiest address you could ever get), infinite world size*, scalable CPU and RAM and clustered backend systems, and a wide range of premium features for you and friends to enjoy. We've got you covered!

We are making the advanced transition from a normal survival server (at mc.m.ly) to the cloud platform which gives everyone their own server, interconnected to our giant and elastic network.

How about the old server?
The old server at mc.m.ly will be supported for as long as we can, free of charge. :) Ranks, land claim, creative plots, etc.. will stay as is.

Will I get more out of the cloud platform?
YES! The idea is to give every Minecraft player their own public server at the address (username).m.ly.

For example, if your official Minecraft username is Notch, then your server is automatically created at Notch.m.ly

If you change username, then your server address will simply move there. You don't have to configure anything. Like we said earlier, we've got you covered! :)

The Story
I've been creating and managing Minecraft servers for over 3 years, and survival servers are my favorite kind by far. The idea of people hanging out on a survival server, socializing, building, and sharing memories together is my mindset for creating fun, social environments.

The Challenge
For the past 3 years, I've recognized that time and time again, many people have tried to scale a Minecraft server and failed, mainly because of the limitation in hardware infrastructure and how Minecraft is coded. However, in 2015, Minecraflty is closer than ever to having things work and we plan to move forward with the further development of the cloud platform in early March 2015.

Working on the cloud project was the most challenging thing I've done, taking several months to complete, in my Minecraft development career. The path was full of uncertainties of if things woud finally workout, with no idea if completion as plausible or possible. Thankfully, the hard work payed off.

The Results
As of right now, December 2015, I can positively announce that we've made the cloud platform work. We showed it to some of you guys, and were overjoyed with the thoughtful feedbacks we've received so far.

Although there are many bugs to work on, the core features (the most important parts) are functionally awesomely and I'm very happy!

Moving Forward
The Minecraftly Cloud Platform will be infinitely scalable in terms of CPU, RAM, and Storage Disk size. You don't have to worry about buying hosting, setting up software, or anything related to the technical stuffs. As we've said, we've got you covered!

All you need to do is join your own server, and from there, decorate, build, create, and invite as many friends as you want! Enjoy your own server!

We are aiming for it a scalable survival experience, with enough features to make it easy to navigate with tons of additional premium cosmetic features for the Unlimited rank.

This time, balanced gameplay is important, so there'll be no more /fly or other features to ensure that everyone gains money, xp, etc.. fairly. :)

Will I feel separated from others?
NO! To us, the greatest thing about a survival server is having tons of people socializing and hanging out together. And we try to bring that same social experience to the cloud platform, just this time with more personal additions to the surroundings!

Each server address brings you to your own server, in separated worlds (world, nether, the end), but think of them as your own land instead. Why? Because everything else is synchronized across servers in our giant database. When you join another server in our network, or simply teleport to your friend in another (their) server, your armor, inventory,, chests, xp, money, etc.. will show up as it. No change whatsoever across all servers! :)

Conclusions
This is and will continue to be one of the most passionate projects of mine. As you finish reading this today, I hope that you know you are experiencing and part of the early steps of a new a technology that will forever change how online MMORPG is experienced. :)

Thank you, and welcome the cloud,

The Minecraftly Development Team

* Infinite world size is reserved for UNLIMITED rank, please check our store for more info. Normal rank gets 2048 x 2048 in world size, which is plenty for a very very long time. :)

P/S: Why don't we do minigames? The answer is simple: We're especially great at survival experience that is close enough to vanilla Minecraft with added cosmetic features, but we're not great at building minigames. A wise man once said: "There's always the temptation to over-feature your product, to build in bells and whistles. Resisting this urge is your real advantage." We are a small team focusing on solving specific problems, and we know that we're doing a great job at it.

I.Play.Minecraft

Reaction score
Credits
My username is IllBeatMinecraft and if i change my username to ILoveMinecraftly'sServers will my world be saved? Just different address?

chloemay05

Reaction score
Credits
Is the a chance you can post a thread on what commands you can do? because random people are joining my world and its annoying

mollyverse

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Website
m.ly
Credits
Is the a chance you can post a thread on what commands you can do? because random people are joining my world and its annoying
Yeah they are at the wiki: https://m.ly/wiki/

Whitelist commands are being worked on and will be up soon enough.

I've tagged @iKeirNez in this post so he's aware of it.

ITALYGIRL76

Reaction score
Credits
This looks awesome! But Mly im having some issues I cant msg or send mail in mc.m.ly is it a glitch? D: Can anyone help me?.. @minecraftly

chloemay05

Reaction score
Credits
@minecraftly On the cloud server thing every time I build something then go on another server then come back all my work is gone

xXSKULLERXx23

Reaction score
Credits
@minecraftly can I exchange my rank for 1 month? I have troll rank. Meh username is saamm

Last edited by a moderator:

F29

Reaction score
Credits
yEET

Ellie

Reaction score
Credits
I didn't really know where to send this so I'll just post it here.

I can't get into my cloud server, I have gotten stuck in a kind of limbo where I can't break anything and can't teleport away. There are people coming in and then dissapearing as quickly again so I think It's the original startpoint of the server, but that is only a guess.

It's all glass panes in a 2x2 square and since I can't break anything so it's moderator built. I've tried removing the server and then adding again, even though I didn't think it would make a differance but it isn't working. My IGN is NiclasPalm.

@minecraftly

Windows_Dog

MOD
Reaction score
Credits
I didn't really know where to send this so I'll just post it here.

I can't get into my cloud server, I have gotten stuck in a kind of limbo where I can't break anything and can't teleport away. There are people coming in and then dissapearing as quickly again so I think It's the original startpoint of the server, but that is only a guess.

It's all glass panes in a 2x2 square and since I can't break anything so it's moderator built. I've tried removing the server and then adding again, even though I didn't think it would make a differance but it isn't working. My IGN is NiclasPalm.

@minecraftly
NiclasPalm, have you tried "NiclasPalm.m.ly" Plus you should've had access to breaking blocks. If not contact mly to take out the glass.

Ellie

Reaction score
Credits
That is where the problem is, I am on NiclasPalm.m.ly but I can't get anywhere but that one block. When I break the glass all it says is 'This place may not be modified'

Top Bottom