Transition Plan

mollyverse

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Website
m.ly
Credits
We're almost done with the cloud server at cloud.m.ly, and we have an ambitious plan of making cloud server the main server for Minecraftly because of:
  • Scalability: It can scale to thousands of servers within minutes automatically, all I and @iKeirNez have to do is focus on the code and setting it up just right.
  • Potential to be featured on Google Cloud page: I've been going to various Google Cloud Platform's events to network, make friends and try to introduce what we do to some of the team members at Google, they like the idea and mentioned that if we can make it possible, they would want to feature our product (because we build entirely on Google Cloud).
  • Ease of management: There will be less spam, less grief/abuse so that you Moderators can take care of the content and polish things in the community, instead of putting too much time dealing with players issues.
  • It's different: If this becomes popular (let's say minimum target of 200 players online at peak time or more), then there'll be potential for it to keep on growing.
  • It's simple: We'll be focusing on one product, one way of doing things, systematically, growing it with trend, and provide better support base on the straight line product.
What we need
  • Let's forecast that we are done with cloud server in October 30, 2015 and ready to go, we need a 1 month plan to transition it to become the main play.m.ly, and move the current play.m.ly to another subdomain by November 30, 2015
  • The old server will be supported indefinitely.
  • The transition needs to be as smooth as possible.
  • Old ranks will be transfered.
Your jobs
I need your help putting in ideas to lay down the transition plan, and the actions you will take to inform players so there'll be no surprises.

Our current team
I'd love to see what we got to make this happen.

DeliriousYeti

Reaction score
Credits
Some tutorial videos as well as brief descriptions with an instruction layout may help, as well as giving players reassurance with any confusion or complications they may end having occurrence with that we're there to assist them to the best of our abilities.

That's just a thought though so you're all welcome to pick at my brain with some questions.

Aciri

MOD
Reaction score
Credits
@DeliriousYeti @minecraftly I think it would be a cool idea to make a youtube channel where it has videos on how to do certain things on the server like on the cloud server, and on the hybrid server. Simple videos like how to claim land, simple commands, how to donate etc. Thoughts?

DeliriousYeti

Reaction score
Credits
@DeliriousYeti @minecraftly I think it would be a cool idea to make a youtube channel where it has videos on how to do certain things on the server like on the cloud server, and on the hybrid server. Simple videos like how to claim land, simple commands, how to donate etc. Thoughts?

It sounds like an interesting idea and something to follow through with. I suggest working with orangefoot on this one since he seems to have experience in making videos and would be a big help in your goal of making those tutorial videos.

Top Bottom